If your lifestyle includes this-it can trigger problems with concentration, anxiety, tiredness, confusion, depression dizziness and…
On a prescription? Answer YES to any of the following questions you could be in danger…
- Do you take herbs, vitamins and all any over-the-counter products?
- Do you have to take medicine more than once a day?
- Do you suffer from arthritis?
- Do you use different pharmacies to fulfil your prescription?
- Do you have poor eyesight or hearing?
- Do you live alone?
- Do you sometimes forget to take your medication?
If you answered yes to ANY question—horrors—you are at risk of a thing called polypharmacy—and the nasty, dangerous side-effects of multiple drug combinations, which include lack of concentration, anxiety, tiredness, confusion, weakness, constipation, depression, tremors, excitability, rashes to name just a few.
During my Ph.D. research I was astonished at the amount of pharmaceuticals people were consuming. A few years later someone on the Thinking Skills seminar told me he had a friend in Pretoria who specialized in drug side-effects. When I heard that it was my second warning that people take too much stuff. Today I got my third warning and I’m passing it straight on to you.
I think you might do yourself a big favor and have a peek at this post, particularly if you are a woman. http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/06/07/women-beware–there-are-nearly-1000-drugs-in-the-pipeline-targeted-for-you.aspx
The bottom line is that drugs really should be viewed as a last resort. Most health conditions can be fixed by lifestyle changes, unless the precursors have been in place for 30 years. Doctor Mercola tells us that some examples of health problems that don’t need drug interventions are: diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels, and insomnia.
There is in fact an enormous scientific literature showing that these very things respond well to Transcendental Meditation.
So, as I said on the workshop,
- Get enough rest
- Take regular exercise
- Eat “God made” foods i.e. high quality, delicious, unprocessed, organic (if possible) foods
- Get plenty of joy in your lifestyle (another GREAT list of lifestyle ideas here seriously one of the best I’ve seen)
- And of course, pay attention to your inner life.
Now go and have a look at Dr Mercola’s blog.